The EGS-Ergonomic Guitar System
is an original design patented by Hohner. It was developed in collaboration with industry designers, guitar builders and musicians. The Hohner EGS is a versatile electric guitar focused on ergonomical play and posture manufactured in Europe.
The EGS is for guitarists who need a convenient instrument that is easy to play and provides exceptional sound versatility in different environments such as studios, classrooms and the stage. Unlike other conventional guitars designs, this guitar reduces strain on the guitarist's body because it can be played equally well while seated or standing up. The unique ergo-wing permits even classical playing postures.
Active single-coil and humbucker pickups from EMG enable strong and typical electric sounds, while an additional piezo pickup permits playing acoustic sounds.
- Alder body
- American Maple neck
- Ebony fretboard with a graphite nut
- Active EMG pickups (selectable using 5-position switch). Neck: S-81 Single Coil, Middle: S-81, Bridge EMG-85 Humbucker
- Shadow tremolo with built-in piezo pick-up to allow mixing in acoustic guitar sounds. The Shadow piezo equalizing preamp is accessible from the back provides separate volume, treble, mid and bass controls
- Schaller M6 locking tuning machine heads
- Schaller security locking pins
- Ergo-Wing Anodized high-grade aluminium. Its length is adjustable, and can be rotated into two different wing radius positions that comfortably fit on the guitarist's legs for different playing positions. The guitar is center-balanced which is convenient when operating recording computer equipment in the studio.
U.S. Patent No. 7,531,728