The world's very first chromatic harmonica was introduced by HOHNER in 1912. This made it possible to play all notes of the chromatic scale over several octaves on only one harmonica for the first time. In the course of the following decades, the instrument shaped whole styles of music and gave birth to a lively scene of chromonica players.
For the centenary, HOHNER sets a further milestone to help a new generation discover the world of the chromatic harmonica. The Discovery 48 is the ideal starter chromonica for the beginning player and hobby musician. The screw together assembly permits flexible adjustment to suit the individual requirements of the player and the slide package can easily be converted for left hand use. The resilient ABS body makes the instrument a reliable companion under all climatic conditions. A simple, robust chromonica "made in Germany" with an unbeatably price-performance ratio. Discover the world of the chromonica with the Discovery 48 from HOHNER.
• Pleasant haptic through ergonomic cover form
• Unique mouth feel due to seamless transition from mouthpiece to covers
• Easy maintenance through two part slide package and screw together assembly
• Reliable performance under all climate conditions thanks to resilient ABS body
• Covers and mouthpiece/slide package of Chromonica 48 and 270 Deluxe are fully compatible
• Easy conversion of slide for left hand use